Total Pageviews

Monday, November 21, 2011

I Named My Plant Oxima



When I arrived here in Jeddah, 4 years ago, I bought some indoor plants and placed them in my flat.  I thought that it would be nice to have something fresh with me every day.


But unfortunately I do not have that what they called “green palms”, so that one by one they started to get dry and die.  Plus the weather here is really hot especially during summer season. You bet I always have my air-condition on.  And when I go for my holidays, there is no one who I could ask a favor to water them.  By then of course the room temperature would become too hot.  For sure the plants could be cooked. :)


I will be gone usually 3 weeks and sometime a month, so every time I get back from vacation, I would be crazy to water them and do the best I can to save them. But no matter what I do, they continued to wither.  I was disappointed so I just left them, I meant literally just let them to die.  I never watered them anymore.


One day I did a general cleaning in my flat so I've got to get rid of those things that are of no longer useful for me.


I was about to dispose the remaining plant left in my flat because most of its leaves were dried, I thought this plant won't make it too.


But then when I saw a little bud of new leaf growing just beside its limb.  I was amazed!  I said, "Wow! Of all the plants this one made it. In spite of what I did, I don't know how she did it but the thing was she survived!


This plant inspired me and thought me a lesson.  No matter what the circumstances may be, I should never ever give up, I must move on and passionately pursue my mission.


...And So I fixed it up and then I asked what name it would like to be called.


That night I dreamt of the word “OXIMA” so that’s where I get its name.


Are you familiar with "Lexigram"?  Because I lexigram the word OXIMA and I came up with this words from it:


Oxi/Oxy-root word of oxygen and oxygen is air and we need air to breath, to live, to have a life and become alive.


Ma- we called our mother in short Ma.  Plants are living things  and  so basically they are the natures arounds us, the beauty of the earth materials and the mother earth itself that are within us.


With these 2 words in my mind, I understand why this plant stayed with me.
I made this blog for this special plant named "Oxima" :)

I read this poem from one of my favorite books about Lexigrams.  I thought this would be awesome to share with all of my co-bloggers...  And perhaps you may find it interesting to lexigram a word, a name, a title or phrase too, which is really fun to do. :)
words divine, words sublime...  holy, holy words !
a picture is worth ten thousand words
so the Oriental sages say...  and therefore is the higher
nay, nay...  for shame !
for it takes words to tell...  even of that ancient claim
the hidden glory of every story
shines forth in words, words, words !
the miracle of the Easter gladness
overcoming death's morbid sadness
is told in words, words, words !


words have wings, like birds
to fly through the sky of the mind


...  be ye aS wiSe aS a Serpent
yet aS harmleSS aS a dove...


words...  those mysterious scribbles on a page
holding the wisdom of every age
the experience and teaching of every sage


oh!  the beautiful rhyming of the proper timing
of words !


powerful words, that ring with truth
words that sing, forsooth  !
yes, words that ring and words that sing
words of spring and every good thing...  like kitties

No comments:

Post a Comment